1. Seeking Forgiveness. Hazrat Aa’ishah radhiyallahu anhaa asked the Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam that if she happened to get the night sublime what prayer should she say. The Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam replied that she should say the following prayer :
“Allahumma innaka afuwwun kareemun tuhib-bul af-wa fa-afo anni”
(O Allah Azza wa Jal, You are the One who grants pardon for sins, loves forgiving, so forgive me.)
2. Reciting Astaghfar. The following should be recited as much as possible:
“Astaghfirullah hallazi la-ila-ha illa huwal Hayyul Qayyumo wa atu-bu ilaihe”
(I seek forgiveness from Allah Azza wa Jal, the Almighty, there is no God but He. He is self-Existent, the Eternal and I return to Him)
3. Reciting Surah `Inna anzalnahu…’
4. Do Salatul Tasbih.
5. Do Afzul Zikr i.e. La ilaha illallah
6. Read Daroode Paak in abundance.
Aishah (radhiya Allahu Ta’ala anha), that she said: “O Messenger of Allah! What if I knew which night Lailatul-Qadr was, then what should I say in it?” He said ‘Say
اَللَّهُمَّ اِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ ، تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي
Allahumma innaka ‘affuwwun tuhibbul ‘afwa fa’fu ‘anni’ ”
O Allah You are The One Who pardons greatly, and loves to pardon, so pardon me.