This cake can be made with any flavour yoghurt and frosted with same flavoured essence.
1x175ml strawberry yoghurt
3x175ml yoghurt cups full of self-raising flour
5ml baking powder
500ml castor sugar
5ml strawberry essence
Preheat oven to 180*C. Spray and Cook and large round loose bottom tin and line bottom with greaseproof paper.
– Beat eggs and sugar well. Add oil and blend in.
– Add essence and mix.
– Sift flour and baking powder into egg mixture.
– Add yoghurt and blend well.
– Pour into a well greased tin and bake for 20-30min at 180*C or until skewer comes out clean.
3 cups icing sugar, sifted
30ml strawberry essence
20- 30ml hot milk
– Combine all ingredients together in a heat proof dish over boiling water until icing is smooth and glossy.
– Add a little liquid if necessary. Decorate cake with icing.
Cut cake in half. Smear one half with icing and a layer of cream. Place other layer of cake on top and decorate with cream and icing.